EMPLOPYMENT OPPORTUNITY: FIREFIGHTER/EMT
South Mason Fire & Rescue is accepting applications to fill an immediate opening and establish an eligibility list for the position of career Firefighter/EMT.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Valid WA state drivers license
- EMT-B (WA or NREMT certification)
- IFSAC Firefighter 1, completion of academy, or equivalency
- CPAT by date of hire
Applicants must submit a completed employment application, letter of interest and resume by the closing date. After the first review of the candidate applications and associated materials, candidates will be invited to participate in an oral board interview. Successful candidates will move on to a practical evaluation testing center and Chiefs interview respectively. A conditional offer of employment is subject to the candidate successfully completing a physical agility test, background investigation and a medical physical prior to commencement of employment.
- Application due date: October 13th 2023
- First review of applications and candidate notification: October 18th 2023
- Interview panel: October 25th 2023
- Assessment Center: November 2nd 2023
Salary and Compensation Package:
- 2023 - $56,335.72 to $65,308.26 annually including Holiday pay. Actual pay DOE.
- 2024 - $59,342.64 to $68,815.39 annually including Holiday pay. Actual pay DOE
- Paid Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/LEOFF 2
- Matching Deferred Comp up $1,000/Year, $2400/year Holiday pay/13 - 24 hour Kelly Days/Paid Training.
Salary and compensation package benefits are paid by the District in accordance with the current collective bargaining agreement.
Applications are available at the South Mason Fire & Rescue Headquarters Station, 2970 SE Arcadia Rd. Shelton WA 98584 or on the District website southmasonfire.org. Completed applications, resume and letter of interest must be submitted by email to email@example.com no later than Friday October 13th, 2023 by 5:00 pm PST. No materials
may be added to the application packet after the announcement period has closed.